Sunday, July 17, 2011

flax oatmeal honey

I modified my typical oatmeal bread recipe this week in a haphazard way so I tried to keep track of what I did by using my balance but I had both kids home, I was cleaning the kitchen, etc. so you may need to adjust water: flour a bit.

Cover the following with 3c of boiling water & let soak until room temperature:
1.5 c oatmeal
3 oz flax seeds
4 oz honey
1 T salt
7 oz wheat flour
2 oz oil

Rehydrate 1.5 T yeast in 3/4 c of water.
Add yeast and 2 lbs of flour (may need more, especially if you're (like me) sloppy measuring the water)
to the mixture above and knead until supple.  Let rise until doubled, then punch down, let it rest and shape into 3 loaves.  Let rise until doubled & bake at 400 for 30 min.

It is a nice light loaf.  the flax seeds almost disappeared in the dough.

I'm submitting this to yeastspotting.

No comments: